1:8 Scale Model

Just found out about these guys (in the U.K., btw) who build supposedly the best scale models of classics. But still, $12K for this one??? :open_mouth: Has anyone here actually bought anything from them?

https://www.amalgamcollection.com/collections/jaguar/products/jaguar-e-type-coupe

For the work that goes into creating one, I think the price is very reasonable. But that doesnā€™t say Iā€™d spend the $ for one.

Best Iā€™ve seen. Looks real.

Very impressive level of detail! It even has the guide pins on the door latches, and lots of other little details. Iā€™d love to see a close-up of the engine bay. It looks quite accurate from what little I can see.

Though they do seem to have put the steering wheel on the wrong sideā€¦ :slight_smile:

Regards,
Ray L.

Hmmmā€¦ Some surprising inconsistencies. It is an OBL car, yet it has the ā€œNegative Earthā€ warning plaque on the heater box. The plug wires do not have Champion ends. There is a SPAX sticker on the air filter can. But, amazingly, the little coolant hoses have little screw clamps on them! The tires are Dunlop Road Speeds. The wheels looks like actual wire wheels, and even the printing on the knock-offs looks correct! It even has wires connected to the Otter switch. Amazing!

Regards,
Ray L.

1 Like

Not to be pickyā€¦!!!..but for 12 grand, they damn well better get the body shut lines, and the terribly droopy front bumpers right!

Though, this could be thought of as ā€œfactory correct.ā€

:grimacing:

For that kind of money I would want one made to match my carā€™s details, not a generic car.

Then you need to buy the ā€œbespokeā€ optionā€¦

Hi, The body is sitting too low with respects to the wheels, WHY did they put 4.2 exhaust resonators on a 3.8 car. Along with the other inconsistencies I would only pay say $1000.00ā€¦
Regards,
Allen

Yeah, it says they will make ā€œone offā€ models, but I can only imagine how much those would cost, esp. if you go with the 1:5 or 1:4 scale. :grimacing:

I wonder if it runs?
Tom

They have a looooong row to hoe, thereā€¦

He must have had some help from ā€œlittle peopleā€ ā€¦ :laughing:

Iā€™ll go even one better than that ā€¦ There was a story in the news a few years ago about someone (I think they were in the U.K.) who actually built a full-size classic Ferrari from scratch, one piece at a time. :open_mouth: I remember they said when he went to drive it out from his basement, he couldnā€™t b/c there was no door to it or some such ā€œobstacleā€. :confounded: He ended up having to take a wall down to drive it out. :triumph: I forgot how many years it took him to build that one.

Ah, found it. It was actually a Lamb. Countach, and the guy was right here in the U.S. He spent 17 years building it. Canā€™t believe he sold it for less than $100K, not much more than the $$ he put into it. :frowning_face:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMQma4xH3lk

Impressive, but Iā€™ve always thought Countachā€™s, especially that generation, were butt-ugly carsā€¦

Regards,
Ray L.

1 Like

Reminds me of this old song. @Wiggles, I donā€™t suppose you play this one?:thinking:

Glad Im not the only oneā€¦:persevere:

Never had a requestā€¦:smiling_imp:

Wow ā€¦ I had almost forgotten that song ā€¦ :guitar: :notes: btw, re: that O.P.A.A.T. Countach, I wonder why he decided to lump it with an American engine instead of getting a real Lamb. one (or building it from scratch)? :confused: