100LL av gas in an etype?

Yes still on points but am considering making the switch to the 123 like your running. I really enjoy the nostalgia of the points though so haven’t ordered anything yet!

So did I until I bought a Pertonix distributor.

That seems like what everybody seems to think too so I may just have to do it!

Um you put a 123 do what I said with the carbs if stock needles…time it to 10 btdc
You will think your engine was rebuilt…
gtjoey1314

1 Like

I will spin the dials and see how it goes thanks Joey! Unfortunately as I drive home from dinner the snowflakes are falling the size of dinner plates so I may not know if it works for a while now :cry:.

That airport isn’t near Heber-Overgaard is it?

You made Joeys day and saved us the diatribe! :wink:

1 Like

Over the last week I have read the entire rebuild of joeys coupe and can’t argue that moving away from the points is a good idea. I am just slow to move away from original. I will fight changing the starter tooth and nail as that sound is everything I remember about this car growing up. Some things I won’t budge on lol.

Of all the easy, reversible, and effective mods you can do, is the 123 dizzy.

I used an EDIS, which takes a bit more work, but either will be entirely superior to even the best-restored points and condenser dizzy.

1 Like

And I don’t need to change anything else in conjunction to the distributor right?

Not with the 123: As I understand it, it’s plug’n play.

I will order it tomorrow!

Which 123 do you recommend just the pre programmed version?

The airport is Skyranch at Carefree, AZ 18.

Just looked up your airport it looks to be a very nice airport! I live right next door to our local county airport and love having the planes around! I’ve just started lessons to get my private pilot license!

1 Like

Yes standard 123 set the advance at 2 for normal use, get the magna core wires with ctype seperator along with the 3.0 ohm coil and your set for life so far :slight_smile:
Your local call CJ restorations in texas ask for Dan Mooney tell him I told you to call, it will be shipped in days.
Timing is the key.
In this case DONT FIGHT CHANGE , 300 un eventful miles again in the day.
The way ETYPE driving should be…
pm any time for more info Jeff
Good luck
gtjoey1314

2 Likes

Ok. My FIL had a place at the airpark at H-O for some years until the altitude became too much as he aged

Had to go look that one up: I do, OTOH, know how to properly pronounce, “Mogollon.”

:grimacing:

And let’s hear you say that! :grin:

W/o a way to post a recording… Ill do it phonetically!

“MOW-gee-on,” hard g.

Next? :wink: