120 Explored to be released soon

The newest edition of Viart’s 120 Explored will be released soon, any guess as to the price?

ready to order and pay for right here right now
https://www.paulskilleterbooks.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=133?osCsid=rck9ro39u1oeu6pven1v86bji1

Terry,

Is this the latest version of XK120 explored or an addition to the old one. Have all mistakes from the first issue been rectified?

Matt

This is an updated version with many mistakes corrected and a lot of new information.
But of course no book like this will ever be perfect and totally complete but it is an fantastic aid in the restoration of an XK and in fact I used the 120 book and 140 book to help with the 120DHC and 140 roadster I restored/rebuilt last year.
I an addition to this book I highly suggest getting copies of SPC, Service/SP bulletins, the Urs Scmidt books and Phillip Porter “Original Jaguar XK”
And of course the use of this forum.
terry

This link shows it costing 139 Pounds, about $178.00. Why then are previous versions posted at various suppliers for between $300 and $1,000?

book has been out of print for a couple of years

Supply and demand. Pity the poor schnook that paid $300+ last week on Ebay.

Wondering, since my copy is the first printing, if there will be an errata made available, preferably free of charge.

Given the price and the initial promise of it being the “bible of 120s,” that would only be fair.

I’m looking forward to it. While restoring 2 MGAs a 3000+ page technical guide gets you just about any answer you need. Owned by the MG Guru (a very apt title) …well, you have to pole around to understand how incredibly helpful it is.

MGA Guru

I hope to see some details in the book on the stuff that might be ‘incorrect’.

1 Like

Paul’s website directs North America orders to Welsh Enterprises, where the asking price is apparently $495. That’s quite a difference. Paul suggests it may be possible to save on overseas shipping by combining orders. I’m interested in that if there are others are also interested.

From Paul’s website:

IMPORTANT: USA/CANADA ORDERS! Welsh Enterprises Inc. will be fulfilling orders for this publication for the USA & Canada - please go to their USA Website to check availability. If the book is not listed there yet and/or you wish to order directly from us now then please carry on here and use the ‘Rest of World’ shipping option. Please note that there is no saving possible through shipping two books together overseas due to weight restrictions.

I just ordered via Pay Pal. The order did not include shipping automatically although I did select the 'Everywhere else" choice, I assume they’ll add that afore it ships.

Stay tuned.

1 Like

Well I certainly misread that part!

It’s being advertised in the UK for GBP 110.00 inc. postage. (UK only postage, I expect)

“XK120 Explored” by Viart
ready to order and pay for right here right now
https://www.paulskilleterbooks.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=133?osCsid=rck9ro39u1oeu6pven1v86bji1

They are also doing an offer on the XK120 Explored book and THE JAGUAR XK 120 in COMPETITION
Racing and rallying in the UK and Europe
by buying both together.
https://www.paulskilleterbooks.co.uk/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=1&products_id=171&osCsid=8eg95qlgoaaunlm6vc9vrbdr30

I wonder if the competition book will cover the LTs?

it does so to speak but only the Berry car as it is only XK’s racing in the UK and Europe.

Meh, then who cares?

:wink:

Viart XK120 Explored Errors.pdf (58.5 KB)
just adding this document to the old thread…I am still a bit confused by the editions–the first one–with history? the second–no history just plates? the revised ? Was that 2019? Is history and full text back in the revised 2019?
Nick