120 FHC dashboard install?

Hello all,
This basket case is starting to come back from the dead.
But, here is today’s question…
When I dry fitted the new dash I was confronted with these tabs on the pillars.
Can anyone enlighten me to the relationship of these taps to the dash?
Looking at the photos the tab is split on the top and I’m wondering if it is suppose to be bent up at a 90 degree angle to “catch” the back of the dash? Or does the dash simply float on top of it?
I hope that the images are clear!
Any input is most welcome.

basically should be nice an neat at right angles to body or vertical line and the bottom of wooden dash sits on top the furflex covered P piping has a nick cut in it to clear this bracket and in fact the P piping needs to go on first then dash.
I havn’t looked carefully at my car but would’nt be surprised if there was a small hole for screw through them into bottom of dash

my fhb looks like this/these

Here is what I have in 679187, body J1187.

Depending on your body number, yours may be an earlier or later variation on the problem of how to attach the dashboard on the FHCs which were different from the OTS. Or if it was a basket case, it may be a hacked up residual left by the disassembler.

Thanks to everyone for the input and Photo’s as it’s really helped.
It did not occur to me that the furflex needs to go in first so thanks (Terry).

Rob R., my Chassis is # 680908, Body # 2916. I’m always amazed at the minor difference between mine and yours (for example). I was left this car (from my father) in boxes etc.
He was the fourth owner when he bought in 55’ so it did not have an easy life. He drove it everyday till he parked it in 62’. Then came the start and stop attempts to rebuild etc.
I’ve been on and off for the last ten years but, lately more on. The older I get the more I view this car (project) as chasing ghosts. Some days I find it therapeutic, other days I wish he had left me a watch!

Thanks again all!
Rob C.