120 fhc horn push

My 1953 does not have a jaguar motif on the horn push. Can someone advise if that is/was possible when it left the factory ?
Best regards
Phil D

No, only later 1954 cars had the flat style horn push.

Maybe I didn’t ask my question correctly so photo attached this time

Hi Phil.
Is it absolutely just a blank black horn push without the motif cast into the inside or has the gold paint completely gone making it appear it’s not there.
Can you confirm, with a very close inspection of the centre, it is indeed blank.
Personally I have never seen another without the motif.
Regards, Graham.

Let me double check. Thanks Graham

yes same as graham question can you send close it maybe the gold paint on logo has flaked off and someone painted black
There is a horn push with no jaguar head just the word JAGUAR it is totally flat but it is an american accessory item of the early 1950’s dearly love to gt one for my archives

Assuming I find that the motif engraving is present should it be painted silver or gold?

Found it!!

Phil:

Silver.

Chris.

That’s funny, I would have said gold. It’s a very light gold.

It appears they swabbed around the head with black, then gave it a quick shot of gold.

Rob I have the exact situation - the with my horn push; can you or others recommend how to clean it in the Jaguar head region and repaint it silver?. Mine looks like black flecks have taken over.
Also can you “polish” the outer face of the horn push?

John

Silvering the inside is a specialized process, not something I’m aware of for a diy-er, though I’d be delighted to be corrected. But yes, you can refinish the outside surface to look like new, if you’re careful. Wet sand out the gouges with 400 grit, then move to 800, 1200, 1500, 2000, finish with 2500 then buff with fine compound. How I restored mine.

Mine looks like they just gave it a quick shot of gold from an aerosol spray can. There is gold overspray around the head, over the black in the surrounding area.