120 FHC interior/courtesy lights switches in doors

My decidedly non-original 54 FHC came with these now-defunct switches in the door jambs.

The Spare Parts Catalog does not list these switches; does anyone recognize them?

Sorry, I cannot paste the pictures of the switches…

I figured out how to include a picture of the switches taken out of the door jambs of my 54 120 fhc. Does anyone out there recognize these?
Thanks,
Jake

Not jaguar aftermarket
Terry

Thanks, Terry.
Did the factory ever install switches in the doors for the interior lights?
Jake

Mkv xk150 not 120 or 140
Terry

My '51 FHC also has holes in the door hinge panels for switches (long gone when it came to me :slightly_frowning_face:).
But agreeing with Terry, if the factory had installed switches, they would have likely followed Mark V door practice and used the same Lucas 31222 switch as for the Mark V doors, or the 31185 switch as for the Mark V tool tray and XK120 boot lid light, but the holes in mine do not match the boot lid switch, so I judge them to be non-original.
PICT0008
The 31185 on the left and 31222 on the right use the same 372903 body but different length plunger buttons, longer for operation by a saloon door.

On Mark V the door step light switches operate the map reading light in the center of the dashboard, which light of course the XK120 FHC does not have.
We may reasonably suppose that previous owners of my car and Jake’s wanted the interior lights to come on for convenience when the doors were opened, and had switches installed.

Thanks, Rob,

I was wondering why none of the wiring diagrams I’ve come across showed wiring for door switches and now I know.
My car is on pandemic-induced lockdown in a friend’s barn/shop, but I hope to be able to revisit it shortly. When I do, I’ll take a picture of a door jamb and send it to you.
Personally, I think the door switches are a good idea, even if the folks at Jaguar didn’t think so.
Thanks again for the reply, and stay safe this weekend.
Best regards,
Jake Manning