120 Latest progress

I made a visit to the hallowed workshops of Suffolk & Turley today to see the latest update on the trim. the car is due back next week so it was the final view before collection. Despite the recent comments on the choice of red for an interior I have attached photos and will brace myself for the ‘tarts boudoir’ forum responses!! Eric Suffolk is a very decent guy and he works with his brother and son. the waiting list for a full trim is now 12 months.

Cant wait to get the car back so I can finish the punchlist. (is that is ever possible??)
Best regards
Phil D

2 Likes

Phil, It is going to be absolutely stunning. One of those cars that you will be content to just sit next to in a comfortable chair, and simply stare at for entertainment…
Jim

1 Like

Beautiful with the red interior !

1 Like

Looks great Phil. Looking forward to seeing it.

Its due home tomorrow but we are getting snow so it may be delayed. Im currently running our of fingernails to bite.

Awww, a little snow won’t hurt it. :snowman_with_snow:

snow_cat%20003

1 Like

OMG I would have to rebuild it if it sees one flake of the horrible stuff!

Hehehe: here, enjoy the heebie jeebies!

:wink:

so very cruel… the trip has been cancelled so I wont get the car back until this cold snap has passed.

I’m with the others on this one!
First car show after the restoration I got caught in a huge storm. Sideways rain 45mph winds and no cover for 15 miles.
It’s fine, I was a wreck for the next 24 hours though.

Doesn’t hep that the trimmer sent me this one today. It loos like the pick up won’t now happen until next week due to this cold spell. Roads and rail next work in a mess at the moment. it doesn’t take much to bring the UK to a standstill when it snows.

1 Like

How are you going to sleep waiting for that beauty to come home?

Pat H

Very badly,

I’ve waited so long for the trimmer and now the snow rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Come on, Phil, you can do it !
Besides, how will you ever know how well your windshield wipers work ?

(Don’t forget to put a sheet of cardboard in front of the radiator to help the engine warm up.)

1 Like

I am sorting out trim on a couple of 120FHC at present as pointed out to me some later 120FHC did have a door pocket what chassis number is yours phil?
Looking at the screws in door panels etc what guage screws did you use?
terry

Chassis number 680089
Im not sure what the screw size/guage is. I can remove and measure if you need it?

Hello Phillip, I like the red as a good contrast to the black. In fact many colours go with black, as black is not a colour. As you know there are no shades of black it just becomes a version of dark grey.

Looking forward to seeing yours parked next to mine at a gathering sometime.

Thanks John. I was being pushed towards beige but didn’t want a light colour to look after.

I’m getting ‘cabin fever’ so looking forward to getting the cars out just as soon as we get a dry spell.

07714 759198