120FHC interior drawing

Looking for some assistance in finding a past post of the window, and headliner, trim components for the XK-120 FHC. I printed the picture, but have misplaced it and can’t find the original post. It was a cross section, color drawing, showing the components that make up the assembly from the body to the wood trim around the window.
Thanks for any help,
Jim

Jim,

Just a wild guess but based on your description, was it this drawing? However, this was the XK 140 FHC and I don’t know whether there are differences between the two. Bob K.

Bob,

That drawing was certainly done by the same person. I thought the one I saw was for a 120, but maybe this was it and I just didn’t notice it was a 140. Can anyone verify if the 140 is the same as the 120?

Thanks again Bob,
Jim

Jim,

I’ve more of those (as I made them). This is another one but relates to the door glass. Again, I don’t know whether the XK 120 and XK 140 Fixed Head Coupes are identical in this respect.
Bob K.

Thanks Bob,

You really do some nice drawings. I was doing some searching on YouTube and found a video where they included your drawings. It had this one, as well as the one I saw earlier, which is at the top of the door rather than at the vent window. Basically the same components. I did have a follow up question concerning the top bows. I have five bows, which I understand is the correct number, but they really don’t fit very well. Am wondering if anyone can fill me in on some dimensional details for the bows. Mainly, how much clearance should there be between the bow and the roof. I’m pretty certain I have them in the correct order, but they’re not consistent in clearance between each one and the roof. Also, does anyone have a picture of the mounting bracket for the rear bow. I’ve got the location for the front four, but not for the back one. I know the bow goes behind the side panel, but I don’t know what that bracket looks like.

Jim

Here is my original headliner, never been removed that I can tell.

XK120 headliner 002

XK120 headliner 003

XK120 headliner 004

I believe the rear window trim piece probably also originally had headliner material on it, but that may have gone when it was repainted in the 1950s or '60s.

Those plastic visors are a real dust magnet.

Jim,
First, I assume you know these bows ( or “list sticks” as Jaguar called them) are numbered, stamped at the back. So the order should be clear. See pic of XK 140 bows which has 6 instead of 5 as per XK 120. You can zoom in to see the numbers.

In the meantime you probably discovered how the bows are fitted using 2 screws per side per bow that go into a steel strip just above the doors and rear quarter light. See another picture I made: it’s not about the “art work” but the notes that have been written in there (I hope). Again, zoom in for details.Also note that the plywood “trim fillets” have a shape that give access to these two screws per bow en.

I’m afraid I cannot help you with your last question on the rear bow. The “canopy” of the XK 140 FHC is much longer than the one of the XK 120 FHC and I don’t know what the consequences are for the bow fitting at the rear.

Bob K.

Hello Jim,
you should have a look on this former thread in this forum https://forums.jag-lovers.com/t/xk120-fhc-ndv-buildup-pics/364552. Especially to the pictures in the posts no. 17, 26 and 30. There you can see a sheet metal bow, partly covered with plywood. The fifth list stick is screwed to this sheet metal bow in the gap between the two plywood fillets.
Regards Joerg