1948 Mark VI drop head left hand drive

Does anyone have a picture showing the correct connections for the oil filter lines/hoses that go from the engine to the remote filter canister?

Welcome Ken,
I fear you asked an obscure question, as not many LHD Mark IVs are around.
However, that never stopped us trying to figure it out.

You want to know the hose connections, which port on item 26 to which port on item 2.

Here is a Mark V filter head and oil system.

oil passages 4

It seems to me that on your item 26 the upper forward hose port is the pressure supply, and the lower hose port is the one that goes to the main bearings. But if I’m wrong, then what follows next is backwards.
We need to know on your item 2, which port is to the outside of the filter, and which port is to the inside. There also appears to be a one-way internal relief valve to bypass the filter in the event of it being clogged.
I think the hose from the upper port on item 26 should go to the port on item 2 which flows to the outside of the filter cartridge.
Then the hose from the lower port on item 26 should go to the port on item 2 which connects to the inside of the filter.

I looked on saloondata.com to see what there might be in the way of pictures. Several show the coil mounted on the steering column, thus leaving room for the filter on the LH engine bracket, where the coil is on RHD cars. Some seem to have the filter bracket at an angle, and some straight. However, one should use caution when looking at pictures, because the hoses could be assembled wrong.

fuOVKl

VnFPEP

Hi Rob,

Thank you for the info and pictures! The engine is fresh and did not want to hook up the hoses incorrectly. I always take pictures before removal, but for some reason I did not get a clear shot of it.

Thx again!!

Randy Kraft

Glad to help. Since you are new, I think there is some restriction on your posting pictures here, but when that is cleared, we should be glad to see these remote filter parts, particularly viewed from the hidden sides, so we can confirm the flow diagnosis.
Other features such as the LHD clutch linkage are also not well known, so we should be glad to see pictures of that.

Good evening Rob,

Thank you. The car was fully intact before the restoration began. I have a parts manual and a owners service manual that has the same exploded view of the hoses and filter canister. It just doesn’t show which hose goes to what port. A couple of your pictures looks like it may shed some light on the proper connection order for the hoses. I saw a couple left hands for sale and contacted them to take some pictures, but have not seen anything yet. :frowning::blush:.

Thank you again, it was a big help!

Randy Kraft