1960 Mark IX Garage Find

I found the big sister to my '59 XK150 – A 1960 Mark IX that’s been sitting in a garage, untouched, since 1989. Good news is no rust or obvious damage. Bad news is a PO replaced the engine with a 3.4 liter. Apparently it ran at one time but when I obtained it the intake and carburetors had been removed and rebuilt but still in a box. I did find a correct 3.8 liter engine and will be tearing it down to see if it can (or needs to be) rebuilt. I am assuming this car uses the same factory shop manual as my XK150 (please correct me if I am wrong) but what I really need is a copy of the Parts Catalogue. Do any of you know where I can obtain one?

Any photos Pat? Always interested in barn finds!
cheers Peter

I would better say the big brother :grinning:
If I have a chance to find a copy of the Parts Catalogue, I will share it with you.

Look forward to photos as well.

-Phill

A couple of you have asked for photos…

Stunning car! Congrats on the purchase.

Wow, looks great! Well done! :man_dancing:

There is no specific workshop manual for the mk9. There is one for the mk7 and xk120, and then a series of updates for the xk140, xk150, mk8 and mk9. By the time the mk9 came out the basic mk7 book was pretty outdated, and in fact, confusing!
In the uk, Autopress produced a manual for all the above models, and I also find the uk Haynes manual for the mk1 and mk2 models useful for the mechanical bits.
I have a parts book, and can look up a few details for you via this site if you’re stuck.
jag420 rear calipers can be made to fit, as can some Vauxhall, renault, nissan rear discs. I have the drawings if you need them.

I really need…a copy of the Parts Catalogue. Do any of you know where I can obtain one?

JCNA have permission from Jaguar to reproduce various manuals. When I had a MkIX I think I noticed something for MkIXs and even if not in stock they can probably print one for you (digitally, thanks to modern technology)

Pat,

When I got my 1957 MK VIII I found Parts Catalogues for the MK VII, MK VIII and MK IX on eBay and purchased them to help me sort through the parts that would and wouldn’t work in my MK VIII and what I had in all those boxes.

The original “SPARE PARTS CATALOGUE for JAGUAR MARK IX MODELS” that I have is Jaguar Publication No. J.31 that was issued on February 1962. So this is the publication you are looking for (or something really close to it).

I am not willing to part with my copy, but you could put a search in eBay with this information and wait until one comes up like I did. Alternatively you could search on eBay for “Jaguar Spare Parts Catalogue” and you will see that Bill Bassett (Jagwillie) is selling a reprint of a “MK 9 Spare Parts Catalogue” for $53 plus shipping. It is listed as eBay auction #170951044712.

I have no affiliation with Bassett’s  Jaguar (located in Rhode Island, USA) other than as a satisfied customer for the parts I have purchased for my MK VIII.

Regards,

Paul M. Novak

1990 Series III V12 Vanden Plas

1990 XJ-S Classic Collection convertible

1987 XJ6 Vanden Plas

1984 XJ6 Vanden Plas

1969 E-Type FHC

1957 MK VIII Saloon

Ramona, CA USA

Thanks to everyone for their help. You know, I’ve been with this group for 17 years and continue to be amazed.

There is a repro parts book on British ebay right now.Its under Jaguer Parts. Although its on British ebay, the vender in in USA

Thanks. I now have a copy

Pat

That’s a neat looking barn find Pat. Where’s all the dust! Ha Ha. Good luck with the rest of the work, will be a show stopper!.
Peter