[CANCELLED] 1961 Jaguar Mk2

One of the best examples of a Jaguar Mk2 (Mark II) in the world. Concours d’Elegance winner, but still a carefree daily driver if desired.

Download the revised Owner Manual specific to this car for complete specifications.

Complete ground-up restoration of every part, including an engine overhaul with electronic distributor, light weight aluminum flywheel, high torque starter, alternator upgrade, high output brake booster, spin-on oil filter, high performance spark plugs, new fuel system, new stainless exhaust, new bushings through out. Polished engine bay.

New leaf springs, differential overhaul, rebuilt front and rear suspension, completely new brake system with high performance calipers.

Tan leather new upholstery from the UK, new carpets, beautifully restored woodwork, new British Racing Green paint. New tires and wire wheels. Every interior detail better than original condition, including the center console.

All matching numbers, complete tool kit, restored boot. No rust whatsoever, sandblasted frame. Undercarriage is spotless.

Significant heater upgrade with electronic control that actually works. New entertainment unit fits in old radio slot with navigation, backup camera, hands-free phone, USB port in newspaper tray, and full bluetooth functionality. Halogen headlights, LED lighting, fog lights.

Lucas antique replica battery (6-caps on top) with master cutoff switch, modified for negative ground, 12-volt system with totally new wiring and modern fuse/relay panel, restored gauges, horns, switches, dash. New wipers and window washing system. Every detail finished to exceptional quality. Must see to believe the quality in this amazing restoration.

Asking price: $72,500

Contact information: info@krissmotors.com or call 646-535-7477

Willing to ship worldwide? yes

Please always be careful before sending money or valuables to someone you don’t know. Use an escrow service if you’re not 100% certain of the identity and integrity of the person you’re dealing with.

By using this service you agree to resolve any and all disputes with the other party directly, and to indemnify and hold Jag-lovers harmless from any claims, losses, liability, or expenses (including attorneys’ fees) that arise from your use of Jag-lovers and this service.

Maybe I’m just misinterpreting your ad, but I believe those cars always were 12 V systems.

WOW!!! We just got spammed!! Bigly!!
I’ll go outof my way not to purchase from Krissmotors
LLoyd

It’s not what you look at that matters. It’s what you see.
Henry David Thoreau

And, it just got flagged.

When this Jaguar left the factory in October 1960 it was outfitted with a Lucas “King of the Road” GT9A battery featuring a row of six filler caps that were both dangerous (acid burns, for example) and subject to messy leaks. The replacement is a “faux” replica that mirrors this design but in 12 volts negative ground. Does this address your question?

Replica battery (modern 12 volt technology inside the case) that has antique fill caps on the top.

Don’t know what you are talking about regarding spam. Not coming from us and do not spread false information.

Comments about spam are not correct.

So it was a 12 v not 6v

Always 12 volts but POSITIVE GROUND originally if thats what you mean Wiggles…

Yes, the car originally had a 12-volt POSITIVE ground system with a Lucas battery with 6 fill caps that also looks similar to a 6-volt antique battery. But this was always a 12-volt system

Confusion was comment that original battery resembled a 6-volt … but it was always a 12-volt with six fill caps.

Yeah…
Wonderful car…
Your in bench racer heaven my friend

Well it looks wonderful
Here’s our that we put 5000 miles a year on😀
Nice car!
Gtjoey1314

That was it, and thanks for the clarification.