1962 MX 10 door handle removal

I have mastered the tricks for the MK2 door handles, but today I am putting around with the MX 10 and can not figure out how to remove the door handles. I see an escutcheon with two nipple like protrusions and am able to push that back to view the main structure of the handle . Should I be looking for a cir clip or pins holding this together. I am curious to what lies beneath my door panels am am tinkering for the moment as a diversion from other tasks.

I bet some of our big saloon owners can steer me in the right direction.

I spent many hours today removing some very old window tint that actually looked purple it was so faded. Quite the task with a razor blade. I could not resist as the temperature here in Colorado was in the high 70’s F!!

What are your thoughts on tinting windows on any of our saloons?

Thanks in advance.

Gerard

after being too scared to try, I did recently take one off, as I accquired a spare door, my PS front is damaged (turns out the spare is nearly as bad…never seen an undamaged one!)

Unfortunately, my mind is a blank on how I did it!

Other than to say; study the FSM closely, BUT, I think there may be some shortcuts.

I think one side has a screw, and the other, after close examination, remove the minimum to get it out.

Dismantling all parts of the inside door was not as bad as I thought, just a bit tricky to get all the parts out, take pics and/or video! its still in pieces in my gagage, as I got diverted

ps, if you really get stuck, I should be able to review my dismantle pic/vids

You are the only one so farto reply on this topic. I wish Jaguar had just made it simple like 'mericun cars of the era.

I will look some more.

G

good & bad news. I do have many photos, and its not as daunting as seems

bad news, everything else has to be out of the way, including glass & regulator,

then take out these parts

then the external parts can be removed, you will have a bare door frame

Thanks for the picture. I see in re-reading my initial post I did not specify the “internal” door handles. I was able to dig deep into the repair manual and with guidance from some J/L users I think I will be able to tackle this easily.

Gerard

hehe, they are easy, except R&R the special wire clip can be tricky

the best method is to use the correct tool, which is a “spring hook” which has a hook on one end and a groove on the other to allow one to press the clip down, otherwise improvise similar.

Check the correct “angle” of the handles before removal, as they can be refitted and work in more than one position