1966 mark 10 Gas pedal sticking

Hi

Gas pedal free, but when starting up, the pedal sticks?
The idling feels high and not helped when gas pedal sticks, need to slide foot under the pedal to bring it back.

Also, the boot will not open! The latch to pull has no movement. Is there another method to open?

Thanks in advance

B

When I put HS8 carbs on my MK2 ,I used the MK2 pedal linkage , the Butterfly’s would not close 100% , even after adding a stronger spring , so I bolted a Y braket facing upwards and added another spring , they snap shut now .
Before I had to dab the pedal at traffic lights or the like , or the revs would not lower enough .
Works so well its still like it :blush:

Hello, i had exactly the same problem on my 61 Mk10. I found that the shaft in the foot well that the accelerator pedal is attached to. ( horizontal left to right) was bent, sorted that and have not had a problem since

sticking throttle can be a few things, bad pedal hinge, bad firewall bush, bad return springs, binding shafts, needs to be observed while someone works pedal

the boot lid has two fingers operated by 2 rods from the button, they can stick if not lubricated, I suggest you push down hard on the bottom corners of the boot lid while operating the button, and see if you can pop it open.

I do not know of any other way to access the boot

Months ago bought new pedal a c elator and base …but when a taken of the old parts a took some video of them…but a lost the phone😩…now i dont know where go the new spring🤔…