1966 S1 seat slides or parts needed

Bought a set of seats for my OTS. The arm that protrudes under the front of the seat so that the seat can be slid forward or back has been cut off on both the right and left seats.
If you have a good arm or even a slide, I would be interested in purchasing.

Thanks, Stu

Please always be careful before sending money or valuables to someone you don’t know. Use an escrow service if you’re not 100% certain of the identity and integrity of the person you’re dealing with.

By using this service you agree to resolve any and all disputes with the other party directly, and to indemnify and hold Jag-lovers harmless from any claims, losses, liability, or expenses (including attorneys’ fees) that arise from your use of Jag-lovers and this service.

Do you know a decent welder? It shouldn’t be hard at all to fabricate original looking extensions and zap them on. I think there’s a stamping on the end of it but it won’t be missed. It’s challenging and expensive to find serviceable originals. They often have rust damage.

1 Like

That is my fallback position. The e bay used slides are 3 - 4 hundred dollars which seems pricy for something that gets used very infrequently and is never seen. If I strike out, I will improvise, Thanks much

If they’re for a 4.2, ser1, the end gets a black plastic nub.
Phil.

1 Like

Yes, the end, IIRC is slightly rounded, not cut off square and a soft plstic nub goes on the end. If that nub is unavailable it might be possible to duplicate it with Plasti Dip.

1 Like

Sorry… Late to the party!

I agree with Erica, inasmuch as a good fabricator could weld on extensions and make them look pretty much just like the originals.