[SOLD] 1969 XKE -Driver $49,500

Description: An opportunity has arisen to jump on another car I’ve been after for a while, so something has to move and it’s going to be the ole’ Jag. Jaguar Heritage Docs, Originally Willow Green. Not sure when it was painted. What’s new:

• Complete wiring harnesses from SNG Barratt (including rocker switches, fuse panels, turn signal switch, 3AW, 4TR regulator, alternator, ignition switch, battery cables, heater fan, washer bottle, connectors, brake reservoir caps, choke and hand brake switches)
  • Stainless exhaust system
  • Gas tank
  • Carpet
  • Exterior Lights; Tail lights, front parking/signals, back up
  • Fresh oil change (spin on oil filter adapter), Redline MT90 transmission fluid change.

I’ve been driving it around since I’ve gotten everything done and it starts right up and runs great. The body is in good shape with no rust/rot through. There was scale on the drivers side toe boards, but it wasn’t rusted through.

Body: the red is an older respray and there are a few dents on the car with the worst being the driver’s side rear quarter panel. The top is an older vinyl style which lacks weather stripping around the windows. Glass is in good shape. Bumpers are fair. Interior is presentable, but not anywhere new. I installed 80/20 carpet (glued to fit) and it looks good and fits the part. I removed the headrests and to do that sliced the seat covers on the back to get the set clip off to remove them. They need to be replaced anyway and the headrests needed to be removed (they were disintegrating internally!). Looks much better in my opinion. Dash is one of the cheaper covers glued on. Works, it isn’t perfect.

Drivetrain: it’s a NOM 4.2 from a 66 with three SU carbs. I added the spin on oil filter and it’s full of 20/50 VR1 oil (zinc additive already in there). Starts up and runs great. A few minor oil leaks but nothing major. It’s rather dirty and could use a good cleaning. Transmission isn’t original either and I do have a hard time going from 2nd to 3rd when winding it up. Slow shifting isn’t a problem, but reviving it up I skip 3rd and just go to 4th. Not sure what the deal is but haven’t looked at it closely to adjust anything. Rear is dirty as well. Not sure of the ratio or how to find it.

I’m trying to be as clear and honest as I can and can send more photos of whatever the buyer may want. I’ll have some videos uploaded to YouTube this week: cold start, driving, walk around lights. Just ask and I’ll get you the pics you may want. The car is titled as a 1968 and has been since 1994 (I have a registration slip showing it) and probably before that. I think for a good start on E-Type ownership. It’s driver quality all the way around which makes it fun to actually drive and enjoy without fear of a ding or scratch. For someone looking to get into the E-Type world, this one would be a great entry with a lot of good maintenance things already done.

Asking price (if selling): $49,500 OBO

Contact information: Dave moparmolnar@gmail.com (then will give out my number after we chat)

Cost of shipping (if selling): At buyer’s expense

Willing to ship worldwide? Sure, if coordinated by buyer

Please always be careful before sending money or valuables to someone you don’t know. Use an escrow service if you’re not 100% certain of the identity and integrity of the person you’re dealing with.

By using this service you agree to resolve any and all disputes with the other party directly, and to indemnify and hold Jag-lovers harmless from any claims, losses, liability, or expenses (including attorneys’ fees) that arise from your use of Jag-lovers and this service

2 Likes

@CliveR … TEST CAR!!!

:smirk:

I’d be willing to store/test/ save it for you and Peter.

It was definitely a test of me learning everything British!

Cheers
Dave

1 Like

At that price point, I’m gonna bet that I’ll be gone by the end of the week.

Too bad that Hoovie fellow didn’t see this one before the one he bought.

Anybody in touch with Ronald???

A few more pictures. I’ll continue to drive it until it sells. I’ll post up videos today or tomorrow.

The Lucas alternator is out for rebuild and I have the Hitachi in place of it which bypasses the regulator and 3AW warning light. Everything is reversible once the original alternator goes back in place if desired.

Cheers
Dave

2 Likes

Tempted? moi? Red cars do grab my senses but I don’t need more intercontinental complexity in my life just now thanks.
:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Not to worry: Ill keep it in tip top shape for you and Pedro!

:smirk:

1 Like

Cold start video. I need to put a small spacer on the choke lever to keep the light off when you push it closed. It’s adjusted all the way but is just a 'tish too short to close the switch unless you hold it down.

Cheers
Dave

2 Likes

….an End of February bump-a-roo!

Been driving it all month. Running great!

Dave

1 Like

Hang a brick on it :grinning:

Frankly, if I was you I’d put it on BAT. I would just about guarantee you’d see a hammer price in the 60s or better.

1 Like

This doesn’t happen very often, but I think you’re wrong, Nicholas, I think it’d end up in the 80s!

:grin:

You may be right, Paul,

(Only one way to find out, Dave. You’ve given J-L a fair shot at it, to your credit.)

2 Likes

It’s almost March: it’d be nice to be right earlier in this year than I was last year… :slight_smile:

You guys are awesome! :grinning: We’ll see. Maybe Ebay first? BaT brings out the peanut gallery comments and I don’t have a lot of patience for keyboard warriors.

Thanks men!

Cheers
Dave

The very last place I would advertise that car in on eBay! Hemmings would be a better choice.

I understand about the peanut gallery, but you have to keep telling yourself, “it goes only for seven days, and this is where I am likely to get top dollar.”

1 Like

Hi Dave

If it was me, I would get that vehicle detailed

with some slightly better pics, and an accurate writeup and responses from you,
if dealing with keyboard warriors for one week isnt worth $5k or maybe more ?

Or is it still like I said before, you E-type guys light your cigars with $100 bills ? :rofl:

1 Like

Good thoughts, for sure. I guess we’ll see. Maybe Hemmings.

Why not Ebay, Paul?

Dave