1970 E Type 4.2 DHC with triple SUs/ crankcase vent blow by

Hello
I haven’t been on the site on awhile. My E has developed a small oil drip from the crankcase vent tube. The screen has been cleaned. The car has an original 67k on the odometer. It does not smoke and runs fantastic. I also find myself putting oil in the carb pots once a week. Many thanks for any ideas.
Best / Jack

I have a 69 with triple carbs too.

I never need to add oil but I do have drips coming from the crankcase breather. I think this is combustion blowby (ie combustion gases that get past the piston rings and thus get into the crankcase) that then exit via the breather. This blowby then condenses on the wall of the breather pipe/tube and drip out

I suspect you may be filling the dashpots too high. The approximately correct height of oil is about a centimeter below the top of the dashpot piston. ie the piston that rises inside the dashpot. If you fill it higher than this, when you screw the damper back on, it displaces oil higher than the piston top and this trickles down the sides into the carb!
See photo below. The level should be about a centimeter below the blue line I drew
Dennis
sudamper4|300x500

Very Helpful
Many Thanks Dennis!