1970 E-Type Boot Trim

Having received my interior kit from BAS UK I am beginning work on the install.

The boot seemed the easiest to start with…but I had nothing there before except jute with carpet glued to the rear bulkhead. It did not fit very well.

The new kit has one piece of biscuit vinyl already glued to the jute/insulation. It has one small slit on the passenger side. I believe this is for the boot release cable to “pass” through.

What about the body side harnesses? I am thinking they are “covered” by the rear bulkhead piece for a nice clean finished look.

The boot side panels fit very well and upon a “dry fit” they too seemed to cover the body side harnesses as well as the boot release cable. I do not have pics of this yet and would appreciate it if some one else does.

Here’s mine

bob, the side panels are cardboard, correct?

Yes. Came from Skinner.

Thanks Bob! I notice there are no “finishing trim screws” visible on the side board…Mine was originally screwed I think…but there are multiple holes n the sheet metal…no idea of the “proper” placement of these finishing screws…

Any other pics showing the location of these screws?

I just looked. No trim screws on either side. The panels are slightly wedged in their place and held against the side bulkhead by the board covering the spare (or gas tank).

I suppose you could put a glob of hot glue behind the trim board if you are concerned about it staying tight against the bulkhead. Easy to remove if needed.

trim screws on my 63 ots.

Mine have trim screws with dimpled washers under them on my 68 OTS

Len Wheeler

Thanks guys. My kit seems to “wedge” fit just fine so I am not going to worry about it now. Maybe early models did not have screws and later models did