1970 E Type OTS mystery panel

Good Morning Everybody:
Would anyone happen to have photos with panel BD20048 installed on the car. This panel is the last piece on putting my car together. I ordered it from SNG Barratt and it came with clips. I know it goes in the right hand side wheel well but how it’s placed and attaches I’m
clueless. It looks like it fits around the brake booster tank. I’m trying to put up a photo. Many thanks and stay safe. Jack

This the one?

If yes, I’ll look for a photo though it is fairly straight forward - the small cut-out is for the plate that allow access to the oil filter and the big cut-out is for the vacuum reservoir.

When I did mine I attached it to the clips with bolts already secured (with nuts) down thru the clip then offered the panel up to the clips/bolts for a second round of nuts. This allows easy removal from below for either quick access or (in the case of a stuck bonnet latch) possibly the only access.

Not much in the way of pics. I probably though it was obvious enough that I didn’t need photos - but then I had the benefit of seeing it before removal.

The clips pointing up are for the torsion bar shields.

George,
Can you shoot a pic of the panel to the right in the last photo. I’ve got to finally install mine and am trying to figure out how it sits. There was a discussion about 8 months ago but I can’t find it

Here is a photo that tries to show how that piece goes:

And a couple more (note how that big hole allows access to the rear nut for caster adjustment):

Jack,

here a few pictures of my late S2 OTS, before taking it apart. If you zoom in you can see some of the fastener screws with their respected washers. Also how it folds in to place going towards the footwell. If original I couldn‘t say, I believe it to be though.

Thanks George! Shows me perfectly. I’ll plan on reinstalling it. But it doesn’t look like it serves any purpose. Does anyone know why it’s there?

If you look at the accumulated crud on the outside of Martin’s panels (mine were similar) and the inside of my panel (photo was before removal) I think you’ll get the idea.

:+1:
(20 characters is a pain)

Test fit my panel and all I need is to put the clips around the frame at the appropriate points. Cleaned it off and shot it with black paint. Have to remove the TB shield to get the clips on. I realize that 20 years ago I reversed the shields. :upside_down_face:
So took off the left side as well and will get all back on tomorrow correctly

While my early 4.2 S1 does not have this panel, I installed one nevertheless. While looking through one of my many books/parts manuals etc., this panel is described as a shield to keep hot air away from the air canister snorkels. I believe the panel was fitted as standard to the S2 models. Does seem practical as the snorkels are pointed right towards the radiator so I assume anything to deflect some of the heat has been well thought out by Jaguar. Ditto the alternator shield as well as the lower hear shield between the downpipes and the brake booster. I have also installed both of those.