1971 jaguar xj6 fuel tank replacement

If you reuse them I imagine you would have to do something substantial to get them to fit, but sure it can be done. You just have to get the arc about right so empty ends up somewhere near empty. The s3 are going in straight so you‘d need to bend these in two places; can’t see why one would have to swap sides though. Jay knows but I can’t see how.

1 Like

The series 3 tank had the two lower pipes arranged differently from my S2. The return pipe if you use injection might require a plumbing offset of a few inches for one of the lines. The other will be the same. I think mine came from Specter and they had wrong application information. They only had a correct match for the S3. They also had the wrong size for a threaded fitting near the top.

You will also need the S3 type fuel fillers - these have a fuel return capability necessary for FI. Paul.

1 Like

You’re right, im going to take everything from the S3 and use it on the S1

depending on what you’re doing and what you need, the corvette filter/regulator has return built in. regulates to 58psi.
and it adds HP cause it’d for a 'vette :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Im going to look into that.
Ill keep posting

Just check that it can be regulated down to usual carb pressure, Montoya - some 7 psi, give or take…

Frank
xj6 85 Sov Europe (UK/NZ)

1 Like

I finally was able to remove the gas filler. I used a dent puller, it worked great!

3 Likes