As I continue to reassemble my friends XKE, I am now at the point of bleeding the clutch. I installed all new lines, new master and new slave. Not having any luck with getting the air out of the system. Here is what I have done so far:
- Followed traditional 2 person job of push down clutch pedal, open slave bleed valve, close valve, let up on clutch pedal. No luck.
- Followed the gravity method of opening up the valve for several days with the hope that gravity will provide the solution. No luck.
- Tried the Moss Motors video idea of pushing down on the clutch pedal and then opening up the slave valve and manually pushing in on the slave pin in order to release the air pocket. No luck.
- Tried an air compressor bleed product that “sucks” the air/fluid through the line at the slave bleed valve. I do get fluid coming through, but with air. No luck.
- I have looked at ALL line connections and ensured that there are no leaks or rather getting more air into the system.
Guys, any other suggestions?
Many thanks, Bob