1972 Jaguar XJ6

Hey everyone I have a 1972 Jaguar XJ6 and I am trying to see what the value would be if I sold it. It does not have the original engine in it anymore, it has a Chevy 350 that is in there now. It needs a new paint job and the interior is in okay condition, but needs some work. Everything else works and runs on the car, any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.

It all depends on the condition of the engine. Bad cosmetics don’t scare people like a bad engine does. Good engine, $8,000, bad engine, $2,000. These are low, but realistic numbers.
Phillip

Thank you, yah the engine is a Chevy 350. No issues with it. Drove it last summer from oregon to Colorado and didn’t have any issues.

I live in Colorado: if interested, I can come make a better assessment of its value: that said, and it being a lump, don’t get your hopes up for megabucks.

clean title? reconstructed title?
i bought my '71 xj6 lump had decent paint, new interior, ford 302. ran well enough. ac bits present, but not working, needed brake work and carpet. will need a few small floor patches due to rust. $2000 with reconstructed title

Yah it has a clean title, theres no rust on the floor. The biggest things are the paint and the interior needs some work on certain sections and the passenger side window dosent go down. But other than that it runs great and no issues with the breaks. Thx

My guess? $2000 to the right person who will deal with the issues. I bought my 73 for $600 as I needed the engine and it’s twin SU’s for another project. The man even delivered the car to me!