1984 XJ6 Vanden Plas "Cold Start" video posted on YouTube

I recently learned how to create a YouTube Channel and upload videos to share.

Use the following link to see a very normal “Cold Start” video of my 1984 XJ6 Vanden Plas: https://youtu.be/yyrjx8WQ7To

I plan to post more videos as I work on my Jaguars now that I have figured this out. This was a normal Cold Start with everything working as it should. This is the car that I did an engine swap in earlier this year and posted about it while I was doing that work.

I hope that you enjoy the video.

Paul

1 Like

It was indeed, Paul - and actually a good instruction video.

Frank
xj6 85 Sov Europe (UK/NZ)

Very good. Maybe you can make the title more descriptive, so others can find the video when they search YouTube.

David

David,
Thank you for your suggestion. I have much to learn about posting videos on YouTube and will try to learn how to do that in the future.

Right now I am focused on creating four videos and posting them on YouTube so that they will be part of the “Bring a Trailer” (BaT) auction for my 1984 XJ6 Vanden Plas. That auction should go live sometime next week, maybe 18 November. This is my first time selling a car through BaT and there has been a lot to learn.

Paul

Paul:

That was neat. You joined a group of other guys that entertain me on You Tube. Note the channels listed with yours!!

Some might say that your camera work needs
“improvement”.

Not only cars attract me there. but old tractors and most recently, boats!!! One a series by a young German gal that went to Panama and bought s derelict sail boat. Impeccable English and workable Spanish as well as her native language. Amazing as she uses all manner of tools to bring the boat back., including hoisting out the little four banger diesel engine!!!

Another guy… Australia or possibly New Zealand. Need to do some research and figure that out. Buys a derelict steel hulled trawler. it floats and drives. But leaks and rust abound!!! Manages to haul it twice. Thorough over haul, Including the Detroit Diesel four .banger… Another You tube guy, bus grease monkey could have helped him a lot with that one.
Master of the old Greyhound Silver side busses…

The trawler is refloated, better than ever…

Carl

Carl,
Thanks. This was my first YouTube video and there are a lot of things that could use improvement like the lighting and the audio track.
The reason that I created that cold start video was to use it on Bring a Trailer (BaT) when the auction for my 1984 XJ6 Vanden Plas goes live next week. After watching the video a few more times I believe it shows that this car has a nice cold start and it also demonstrates that everything works as it should. Hopefully my 160+ pictures and 4 videos will help me sell the car on BaT next week.

It also shows that I have much to learn as a cinematographer. :wink:

BTW, if you haven’t checked out BaT yet you really should. It can be quite a lot of fun. :slight_smile:
BaT opens about 50 new auctions each day and most auctions last 7 calendar days. Auctions open during normal USA business hours on a weekday and close during normal USA business hours on a weekday. So BaT has about 250 auctions open at any time.
BaT has two interesting features that I like a lot. The first is an “antisniping” feature that automatically resets the auction close time to two minutes remaining whenever a bid is made within the last two minutes. This feature prevents a bidder from winning the auction if they hold their bid until the last few seconds and bid when no one can respond quick enough to counter that bid. I have lost out on many eBay auctions due to sniping. With the BaT two minute reset everyone that wants to make a bid has plenty of time to do it. Sometimes the last two minutes last quite a long time as the final bids are made, raised, and raised yet again with the clock resetting to two minutes remaining with each bid.
Another interesting feature about BaT is that anyone who is registered on BaT can comment about the car after the auction is open. Comments are made by bidders who ask questions about the car or the pictures. But comments are also made by BaT members who may not even plan to bid but know something about that model car, once owned one, or maybe they noticed something in the pictures or videos and felt that they should comment about it. Everyone that is watching that BaT auction online sees those comments and the Seller has an opportunity to respond to the comments. The Seller can even add more pictures to the auction in order to address comments.
Some of the BaT auctions that I watched over the past few weeks have been quite entertaining, particularly because of the online comments and the two minute resets.
I should mention that I am a BaT member, and I have an agreement with them to list my 1984 XJ6 Vanden Plas as one of their auctions that will most likely go live next week.

Paul

Thanks for the details!!

I am sure you knew that I was kidding as to the camera work. I have yet to figure out the one in my sorta smart new cell phone…

Found Dangar islands. new south wales vicintiy in
Australia.

And, lo and behold Scott the bus grease monkey did school Dangar .Stu in the ways of Detroit diesel engines…

Stu’s trawler project t powered by a 471, Old tech, but extremely reliable…

Carl .

Carl

Ain’t this a wonderful way to explore the ways of life of others!!

Carl

Good job on the videos. I’ll look forward to seeing your auction on BAT. I enjoy following auctions on BAT also. Lots of interesting cars and the comments section of each auction is always good reading, typically including valuable input from owners of the same make/model.

1 Like

I will check out BAT some more. I’ve seen some of the critters there from time to time.

I saw an auction of a 99 year old’s collection in Edmonton. Some very interesting critters. Unfortunately the crowd and the chant obscured a lot of the cars.
From a huge steam tractor to a neglected brass era 15 T. You Tube entertainment.

Carl