1986 XJ-SC brake flush

I KNOW it’s a royal pain, but I ‘luckily’ had to replace the rear inboard brake pads. By pushing the caliper pistons all the way in with the bleed nipple open, I was able to get a lot of crap out.

I almost forgot - where can You buy brake fluid reservoir gasket ? Mine got saggy and has to be replaced. Is my only option gasket maker ? I checked autozone and no donut…

Oh boy, rear brakes - nothing but air!
Getting your fingers there…
The best way is to loosen the bleeding nipple with deep socket, 7/16, then regular 12point spanner pointing downwards.
I had to put a wedge out of small hammer handle - between exhaust pipe and the frame.

Btw, it seems that there is some knock between that exhaust and frame - is the anything that can be done with that?

One issue I had recently when I bled my rear brakes, air bubbles wouldn’t stop. Ended up removing bleed screws, putting grease on the threads, and tried again, no air bubbles.

Air can get sucked through the threads. Won’t get into brake fluid, but will get into drain tube.

There is an exhaust hanger above the axle. You might check its condition.

There’s a pipe joint just forward of the rear suspension that is held together with three bolts. It’s an alignment feature of sorts. You can loosen the bolts, move things around, tighten it back down. You might even move it by loosening one bolt and tightening another.