1986 XJS-V12 Engine

You can call me after 8 PM. I may not answer directly because of not recognizing your number. If you leave a voice mail I will call you right back. You can also text and give me info and I’ll call you back. Your choice.

Stephen

It would be a late call tonight so would after 8pm tomorrow work? Also, I will text the # I will be calling from before I call and just leave a message if you don’t answer.
Thanks!

Did you try to call ?

Stephen

I haven’t yet. Sorry, but I had more on my plate than I thought. Would today work and if so what time?
Thanks,

Jep

Hi Jep,
I hope you are progressing well with your Jag. I also have one(87) and am facing a dilemma. To change to SBC or keep the V12. I am now 77 and still haven’t decided what to do with it. So now I’m thinking of selling it. I have other interests now, so rather than tear it apart, since it is running excellent, I’m letting it go. I think $5K is what I’ll have to get for it. I am following your thread if its still active and I’m interested in following

what you encounter in your project. Good luck on your Jag!
Sincerely, Elwyn Davenport, Howell, Michigan

Elwyn, That is a very nice 87! It looks Winchester Blue like mine. Just curious, if it is running well why are/were you considering a conversion? I would not even be in this dilemma if my engine wouldn’t cost more to repair than replace. I have finally decided that if I go conversion then I will go with John’s Cars conversion kit and go with the Chevy LT1 but I have been in touch will a fellow on this forum that has a good V-12 engine with 80,000 miles that I am now thinking about. I will let you know. I am going to get this project started soon. If I hadn’t had so much work done on mine I would probably just fly up there with a one way ticket and check yours out.
Take Care,

Jep

Cragar SST’s and side pipes! Looks good! @ronbros

Hi Jep,
My Jag is jet black. I bought my Jag with the idea that I was going to swap to a SBC right away, hence my dilemma, it ran too good with the V12. So I just drive it a couple of times a year that way. The years kept slipping away and here I sit. I love just looking at it in the garage. The side pipes are straight through and give off a real cool sound.
Again, good luck with yours
Elwyn

Cragar S/S. Thank you Bob

Arg! I stand corrected. :smile:

Hey Elwyn,
Mine looks black when it gets wet or in certain light. Either way they both look good. I will let you know what I do and when I get it done. I will send pics as I progress.

Thanks,

Jep

Jep,
Great. Stick with it. Hope to hear about your progress.

So glad you posted! I’m about to order a set of those exact pipes! Those are 60 inches, right?

I don’t suppose that you have a movie with sound do you?

Jaguarr,

That is a picture of ellitrublu’s 1987 XJS not mine. It looks like you sent this message to me.

Jep

If there is no crossover, presumably each side would sound like a 6-cyl. That’s not a bad thing, I guess.