1989 Jaguar XJS transmission upper cooler line

Hello Gentlemen,
I’m looking for an upper transmission cooler line for my 89 XJS, even it’s used.
I found a new one lower one but no one seems to have an upper hose.
I’m hoping someone has a parts car that they can pull it off from.
Thanks Joe

Joe,
I replaced those hoses recently in both of our V12 Jaguars. I couldn’t find anyone selling them so I took the old ones to a local shop that rebuilds hoses. They reuse the old metal fittings on the ends and replace the rubber sections with modern rubber specific to transmission fluid. I have had with rubber fuel lines with metal fittings also rebuilt with modern low emissions hose and the old metal fittings.

Check online for a hose rebuilding shop, they are everywhere. Some auto parts shops also offer this service.

Paul

Thanks Paul.
My problem is that I snipped original transmission cooler lines at the radiator end because I had installed an aluminum radiator that didn’t use the same male adapter connections. I saved old radiator and now looking to put everything back to original.
Joe

Joe,
I have two suggestions.

1. Contact list member Stephen Niznik. He has some XJ-S Parts cars and may be able to help.

2. Look on eBay for someone obviously parting out an XJ-S. Even if they haven’t listed a transmission cooler hose send them a message asking if they have one that they will sell you. I have snagged several hard to find parts that way.

Paul

On my '83, the transmission cooler on the radiator had simple hose barbs. The transmission hoses simply clamped on – and by the time I got to them, they had been baked to the point of being really hard, I had to cut them off.

Later XJ-S’s had threaded fittings for connection of the transmission hoses, and obviously the hoses had to have matching fittings on the ends. Can we presume that’s what your '89 has?

You might want to replicate what Kirby is saying. Put a hose barb in upper fitting, cut off the metal pipe leaving enough pipe to attach a length of transmission hose from pipe to barb.

Gordon

Yes, correct Kilbert.

Hi Paul,
I have contacted Stephen for other parts. I will contact him again.
Thanks Joe