1989 V12 engine (XJS) parts available

Hi All - Nearly 2 years ago I bought two V12 engines in a package deal. One is a 6.0L out of a 1994 XJ12 that I am working on and the other is a 5.3L out of a 1989 XJS. The engine number is 8S61922SA and the VIN from the car that it came out of is SAJNA5844KC154124.

The 5.3L experienced the often-reported top end fire. The entire wiring harness, fuel rail, and pair of intake manifolds are gone.

I have sold a few pieces off of the 5.3L, but the vast majority of the mechanicals are still hanging around. Here are a few pictures as it sits right now:

In addition to what is shown in these pictures, the following parts are also available:

• Extra air valve - has been glass bead blasted. May or may not work.
  • Distributor - All non-metallic parts were consumed by the fire, but the distributor casting/gear/shaft may be salvageable.
  • Both water rails are available (4 castings, 2 tubes). Both t-stat outlets are present, also.
  • Valley cover - I believe I have 2. One is painted black, one is as-cast.
  • The cam carrier/housing that is missing in the pictures is available and un-damaged, as is the camshaft. I removed the cam casting to see how impossible removing the head would be. (ha-ha! Silly me.)
  • Both cam covers are available, but have been touched by the fire. One more than the other, but both are salvageable, I believe.

If you want the whole thing, let’s talk. If you want the heads, or anything in the rotating assembly, we’ll need to figure something out.

Nothing electrical (harness, alternator, etc) was with the engine when I got it.

Anything that can be unbolted fairly easily can be had reasonably cheap. More than anything, I would like to trade for 6.0L parts that I need. These include:

• Water Bypass Pipe (aka: Coolant balance tube), P/N NMC3147AA or EBC4577
  • Exhaust system merge collector pipes (left and right side, ideally without catalyst)
  • Large crush/sealing washers for cam oil feed line, P/N: C22963 (Qty 4)
  • Small oil feed banjo boltsfor cam oil feed line, P/N: C5846 (Qty 2)
  • Small crush/sealing washers for above, P/N: C4146 (Qty 4)
  • Alternator & associated parts
  • Misc. nuts and bolts, like the flange head M8x45 and M8x55 (or is it 50?) bolts used on the water rails?

Tell me what else you have, I might need or want it.

I’m happy to send pictures via email or text. Send me a private message through the forum to connect.
All parts are located in central Virginia, USA.

Thanks all. I hope the parts are of use to someone.

• Drew

Hi Drew, I’m looking for a V12 water pump inlet casting with THREADED hole for the fan switch. This is bolted to the front of the WP and connects to the lower rad hose. Please let me know if you have one.
Tony

I’m looking for a V12 water pump inlet casting with THREADED hole for the fan switch.

Hi Tony - Thanks for the note. Unfortunately the water pump was taken off the engine before I took possession of it. I have a spare mid-plate and a broken-to-heck bearing section of a water pump if those are of any use to you. If they are, just cover postage and they are yours.
If an XJS/XJ12 shows up in the local pick-a-part salvage yard, I’ll be happy to pull it and forward it.
-Drew

Hi Drew, did you got your part ?
I do have all thd bit from the water pump if you still look for something.

It sounds like you have what Tony (“ItHasNoRust”) is looking for. I hope he’ll be back in touch with you to work something out.

Thanks for replying!

• Drew

Just saw this …I did find that part at Welsh. Thanks for mentioning it.

Hello.

Would you happen to have the distributor available? I really need only the lower half. I have placed an ad on this site with a pic.

Let me know.

Tim

Hi Tim - Sorry for the slow reply. I have a distributor for the 5.3L but it’s in rough shape. The top-end fire melted the cap and the guts of the distributor. It would need to be completely torn apart and rebuilt, but I think the housing and driveshaft would be salvageable, if you’re interested.

If you need a drop-in, this isn’t your solution, unfortunately.

If you think it’s worth messing with, I’d be happy to give you the distributor if you can cover the cost of UPS shipping from Richmond, VA. Email me at fowlparts@gmail.com if you’d like to see pictures of it.

Again, sorry for the slow reply. My weekend was lost to repairing my normal car!

• Drew