1989 xjs instrument wiring schematic

What pin does what at the plug-
ins behind the instrument cluster ???

Some time ago Richard Dowling created a schematic of the Pre-HE instrument cluster wiring diagram. With his permission I have it on my website at the following link:

Hopefully its of some help.

Hello Garry - here is my own hand written designation, of what I found on my 1991 XJS V12 Coupe instrument panel, as to the circuit paths from the connectors to the instruments and the warning lights - from what I have read, the 1989 XJS V12 should have the similar connections as my 1991 XJS V12 - you will note that there are some differences to the earliar models - hope this helps you - (this drawing is been posted here on Jag-Lovers for the use by anyone that wants to use it)

- Tex Terry, II - 1991 XJS V12 Classic Coupe, 1986 XJS V12 Coupe - sent 10/15/2020 2225hrs. EDT USA.

Garry,
Attached is a chart I created a number of years ago when I fitted a facelift instrument cluster to my wife’s '89 XJS. It fives the function of each plug pin for the '89 and the '94 instrument clusters.[XJS 89 to 94.

Cluster Crossover.pdf|attachment](upload://xWlx9fKhP0AJl43ibrvpTd8RzQU.pdf) (8.8 KB)

Garry,
ooops - let me give that upload another shot.

XJS 89 to 94 Cluster Crossover.pdf (8.8 KB)