1989 xjs license plate lens replacement

Is there an easy way to remove the bolt that sits just above the trunk latch so you can remove the Jaguar plate to replace the license plate light lens? Thanks, Victor

Victor, I did that job about a year ago. I went out to the garage and took a look at my car. That particular bolt is awkward to get at, but IIRC I just used a 5/16 socket on a “U” joint to remove it, . Fiddly, yes! How about a 5/16 brake bleeder wrench, or a crow’s foot? So many things to do, such a lousy memory.

What does IIRC stand for? Don’t want to sound like a boob. V.

Garry . . .
IIRC = If I Recall Correctly. Used more and more frequently as we get older.

IIRC = if I recall correctly.

I think this is what I used-

Ha Ha I understand- it’s a whole new language. If I Remember Correctly. IIRC! I will be posting a picture on the Forum in a moment. Dave.

I like that wrench. Where did you get it? I’d be interested in a set.

Well, darn, I just put it back in the toolbox.I’ll go back outside in a while and get you a part number.

OK, This is a K-D tool, part no 283. 5/16 on one end, and 3/8 on the other.Used mostly on brakes, but useful in other places, too!

Dave, Thank you so much. Victor

Dave, Victor here. Found wrench on Ebay. Should be here in a few days. Thanks alot for the into. V.

That is a cool wrench!! I want one too!

Mark, I just happened to luck out when I found it on Ebay. Went to several sites including K-D tools but could not find it. Not sure where else to look but if I find another I’ll let you know. Victor

Google distributor wrench and see what comes up should be something similar

I went to e-bay two minutes ago and found a few. K-D tools- brake bleeder wrench (vintage, like me) p/no 283 and 283A 5/16 and 3/8. Six available!

Mark, Victor here. Head to EBAY, several more there.