"1989 XJS Update" factory documentation

Apologies is this is a repost. I’ve never seen it before.
As my car is an 89, I found this document interesting. Lots of detail on Teves III, speedo interface, etc.
http://www.jagrepair.com/images/Electrical/Elect-Tech%20All/1989%20XJS%20Update.pdf
Regards
Bob

2 Likes

An unusual level of clarity for a Jaguar publication.

I have all the XJ-S updates from 1988 to 1996 that I downloaded in .pdf when I worked at the dealer.

I also saved many of original paper booklets of the updates and introductions.
Some of the publications include Engine Performance and S64_XJS Coupe and Conv Body Enhancement from the late 1980s.

S80_XJRS Product Support is interesting but I have never worked on the XJRS.

I don’t know the file size limit of this forum but I’m sure that some of the large files won’t fit the limits.

I found the rom and the tech updates years ago at a website maintained by a jag enthusiast. Free downloads. All he did was ask for donations to help maintain his webpage. Wish I could remember what it was

:-))
Bob,
Much of the information on the body structure of the newly introduced convertibles, the Teves III, etc., IN COLOR, was posted by yours truly back in the day.

A tribute to the albums on the “old site”

I have not heard from Jim (Griffin, from Florida) in years. Wonder if he is still on the list.

Yup, they’re pretty good. I have several. As far as I know they’re specific to USA market cars. I think the USA dealers eventually put some pressure on Jaguar to provide some decent technical literature. Thus the S57 wiring diagrams, S58 Engine performance guide, etc

Cheers
DD

I found an app for my Android phone that can significantly reduce the size of pdfscwith no perceptible loss of quality. I reduced the S58 Engine Performance pdf from 17mb to around 1.6 mb. The app is called “Compress PDF files”. It’s ad supported, but it does the job.

How do I go about looking at the photos? Most come up in a very small thumbnail which I cannot open.
Some do, but most do not.

The photo albums that were invaluable part of the “old” jag-lovers forums have not been migrated to the new one. As a result, most of the information is not visible on the modern and supposedly more user-friendly forum platform.

There is a workaround, but not simple. Here: