1990 Jaguar XJS Blown Head Gasket

Need Help!
Need help finding a mechanic who is willing to help repair my Jaguar.
Gave her a tune up, she ran fantastic for a week and the added HP push her over the edge and she blew her gasket.

Everyone her in the Denver metro area I have contacted does not what to work on it, its just nuts and bolts!!!

I have all the special tools, the manuals in print, and the gaskets, could do this myself, just do not have the time with it and runnig my small business.

If anyone out there knows of someone close to me here in the Denver area i would be very grateful.

Thank
Wayne
wda80128@comcast.net

Welcome to the forum, Wayne (btw, I assume you meant “Anderson”, not “Anderosn” ?) … Also, “XJS”, not “XLS” … Hope someone chimes in here soon … :smile:

Have you contacted Nick and Ted, at Jaguar Denver?

Pm me if you wish to talk.

Sportscar Craftsman in Arvada CO has such a good reputation that I’ve heard of them all the way here in New Hampshire. Good luck!

Yes, all they said they would do is replace the engine with a small block Chevy
Thats never going to happen as long as I own this beautiful car.

There’s a guy somewhere in Minnesota that rebuilds these, but I can’t seem to be able to find him.

Would you know who he is?

Thanks Wayne

1 Like

He also has a YouTube channel, The Camp Chaos Chronicles .

jalopydude, the name then seems to contrast with what wda is wanting - i.e. to have his OEM engine rebuilt, not replaced with something else … With a name like “Jaguar Automotive Modification Parts” one would think that biz would be in the latter realm, not the former one … :confused: (feel free to correct me though if I’m wrong on that assumption) :thinking:

Hello Wayne -

I sent you an email, I’m your neighborhood XJ-S guy in the Denver Metro area. Extremely booked up right now, but our new facility will be done the first of the year and I’d be happy to discuss any needs with you and hatch a plan, in the meantime.

I’ve been in the local Jaguar scene in Colorado for over 30 years, retired out of corporate America, and opened up my shop about a year ago.

Best,

Jeff Schroeder

Interesting!

I’d like to come visit your shop.

He does standard engine work also. Has a whole YouTube series on a stock V12 rebuild.

Surely Paul - I am having an open house after the building is done, but always welcome visitors. It’s a controlled collection of craziness at the moment, but we’re having fun and getting lots of cars out.

Jeff,

I need to talk to you in person about my XJS, can you let please me know where you are located.

Thanks
Wayne
wda80128@comcast.net

Wow … wish I could find a competent Jag repair shop here in Dallas for only $65 hr. labor … ! :open_mouth: btw, I see we have another rocket scientist … Always wondered what the attraction was between Jags and pilots, aerospace people, etc. :thinking: I’m beginning to think Opel’s slogan - Nur fliegen ist schoenen (sorry, my German sucks, but that should mean “only flying is more beautiful” :small_airplane:) - should have been Jaguar’s slogan instead. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

It is a common attraction. I have three customers who are “heavy iron” pilots as well (I haven’t flown by myself since 1999). I was actually on course to be an aviation attorney / wanted to
represent manufacturers, but while in law school, the fire went out and I went a different direction.

My “restoration rate” is long term projects (presently doing a Lamborghini Espada and pre-war Wraith for my otherwise Jaguar customers - it’s been an honor and a treat to color outside the lines, for sure - that and no Jaguar can compete with a four cam V12 Lamborghini wail at redline - save for Nigel’s :wink:). My standard in and out service rate is $100.00, however, the customer and I decide on a plan, the cost is “$X” and anything above and beyond that is on me, aside from additional parts needs, but any additional labor to address those added bits, is free.

I’ve had my turn in the rat race and accomplished what I wanted to do, this is a true passion for me, whereby relationships and a quality product, outweigh maximized cash flow.

Everyday is a greener pasture, I’m definitely having a blast. I will need to pickup an apprentice next year (want someone young), as thankfully the book of business is growing rapidly.

If you’re ever in Colorado, stop on by!

4 Likes