1991 Engine in to a 1987 Car

I just purchased a 1987 xjs with no engine or trans. I found a complete swap from a 1991 xjs. I know the electronics was different in the 2 models. I know that I can bolt everything in the car but my concern is the difference in the electronics. Can I use this swap without any issues or is there something I need to do to make it work?

The biggest difference, I’d say, is the ignition system…the '87 having Lucas and '91 having Marelli.

Personally I’d go with Lucas…which means finding a Lucas distributor, amplifier, coils, etc. That should be easy to do.

Lots of other small differences but nothing insurmountable.

Besides the engine and trans what else is missing from your recipient car? Access to a pre-Marelli donor car might be a real advantage.

Let’s hear what others have to say as I’m still on my first cuppa coffee. I might be missing something fundamental.

Cheers
DD

I have not received the car yet, so I have not been able to completely see what all is missing. I do know the the computer is still mounted in the trunk. As far as anything else I’m not sure. The swap I located has everything including computer, fuel pump, fans, accessories on engine, wiring for engine and a couple of other items that slips my mind at the moment.