1991 xj6 trans fault after i washed it

Mine is 89 and can lock all doors gas door close windows sunroof etc with the ONE button on center console but will not open all doors with dash switch,pulling up-opening one door lock post will open all the doors and boot… as for unlatching the 89 has no auto latch… I have to go out… push button on trunk and manually lift it open…
Did you 91 boot solenoid work? hear it clunk? your button will lock the trunk? and unlock it?
If you hear the solenoid clunk… then electrics are probably OK and if the solenoid locks the boot seems the connecting LINK of mechanism to LOCK seem to be working…

if your 91 was supposed to unlock and UNLATCH the trunk…assuming it did that in past?, then id suspect something is sticking. . Might be a good idea open boot… trip lock-latch CLOSED… then have someone operate the “dash button”…do this for unlocking and locking… again the 89 is normal to LOCK but not unlock and no unlatching of lock… on 89 unlatching is done manually pushing boot lid button.
If you have the original manual check in there for what normal operation is.

sounds like a plan now all i have to do is explain it to my helper thanks for your input oh ya i have a left front window that is not working properly as well relay clicks with both drivers and passenger side buttons went down once but wouldnt go up so i removed the door trim and put 12 volts to motor it went up it maybe is a relay issue havent switched it out any thoughts thanks again
i do have the manual so will read it

good sign relay clicking and you found motor to be working… yes check or swap out relay and the motor could probable be aided by more window usage would certainly polish up the armature from some use same for old relay… could also have been oxidized relay plug in connectors getting oxidized… low voltage systems are always dicey when oxidation shows up…

i will get that done thank you