1991 XJS 4.0L classical convertible "fuel pump location"

1991 XJS 4.0L classical convertible “fuel pump location”

1 Like

Hi Welcome to the forum. I think the ‘91 should have the fuel pump inside the tank.

1 Like

Please correct me if I am wrong but in 1991, at least in the US, there were not 4.0L convertibles.

IIRC, the topless Jag’s with the AJ6 engine first appeared in 1993.

1 Like

xjs convertible is a 1992…
Thank you

Ok I’m not familiar with the XJS but I believe they have a fuel sump tank which I think is where the pump would reside

1 Like

Thank you
I believe that the fuel pump is inside the main tank on my 1992 XJS convertible…
Anyone knows an easy way to remove the fuel pump???

Nope without mashing the parcel tray, its a tank out and go through the Evap flange.

1 Like

Is it possible to cut an access hole on the parcel tray on 1992 XJS 4.0L convertible to remove the fuel pump??

Sorry can’t help with that, as I am not sure what the physical nature of the parcel shelf is like.
Somebody on here may have a better idea.

1 Like

If you try that please make me your insurance beneficiary.
Remove the tank, it’s not that big a deal.

1 Like

Wouldnt want to operate a grinder to cut the hole you would above even an empty fuel tank. I pulled mine not once but twice when I had problems with the pump. Its not a long operation. You will however tear up the rubber Gaiter over the connection between the filler cap and the neck of the tank. you can research on here ways to improvise one since they are NLA. Other than that you can also take care of the rivet than can and has worn a hole in a few tanks (more research). The only real problem spot is disconnecting the fuel lines from under the car… Read up on that in the manual or on here.

1 Like