1994 xjs won't start

Sir, I don’t seem to have any wires as you suggested connected to the battery terminals, but will look further and see if any wires have disconnected.

Sir, I have checked for spark and there is spark at the spark plugs.

Rich,

If your engine fired up on jump start spray - definiely there is a spark (as suggested above) Jump start spray is nothing else than fuel distributed as a gas (Ether).

So you have a spark and your engine is turning, you haven’t lost compression suddenly - so the only thing suspected is petrol delivery to your inlet. Hot-wire fuel pump or die trying :slight_smile:

Perhaps the water shorted something and blew a fuse. I’d be checking the fuse panel next and any associated relays.

Anyone will tell you that to get an engine to run requires spark and fuel. It may help to understand, though, that on an EFI car, fuel can be fairly divided into two parts, fuel supply (tank, pump, lines, pressure regulators) and injectors. And injector operation involves the injectors themselves, wiring, resistor packs, ECU, and sensors – and in the case of the V12, the trigger signal comes from the ignition.

In any case, you need to confirm you have spark, fuel pressure, and injectors clicking. Please report if you’re missing any of those three.

2 Likes

It fired when it got a of ether… Clear indication of fueling failure…

Yep. Confirms spark is good. Still need confirmation on the other two.

1 Like

Kirbert, I thank you and all the others who have offered help with my dilemma. I am quite busy with other responsibilities, but will “get back” to you with the results to the questions asked.

1 Like