1995 xj12 value

Hello there! Very new here. My Grandfather is trying to figure out how much his car is worth. He has a 1995 XJ12, 68,000 miles. Condition is good. I found only one for sale on eBay going for $13,950. Is this accurate? Also does anyone have resources on how to figure out how many of these were built? I searched all over the web and can’t find anything.

Welcome to the forum.

This article may be of use with production figures at the bottom of the page.
As they were only available from 95 to 96 they may be quite rare. If the car is in excellent condition then you may be able to increase the price.

So if your grandfather is in north America it was 564 and an additional 535 with long wheel base

Great information. Thank you!

“Good” condition is a bit vague.

There is not a huge market for these cars. They’re fabulous, but only a few die hard Jag fans would be interested. I’ve seen ‘average’ condition examples languish unsold for weeks at half the price you mentioned.

The Ebay example would have to be the best in the world for that price, IMO

Cheers
DD

Thank you for the information. It’s a shame really, now knowing that many weren’t made and that it’s not very valuable. It’s a gorgeous car. It is in great shape and garage kept. We’re going to hold on to it for now.

I think you should, and enjoy it, it’s a very nice car.