1996 new owner questions

Plenty to read now ! thank you Neil,your thoughtfulness very much appreciated.

Some of this may also prove useful:

Neil,
my wife will help me with Dropbox i am almost pc illiterate but she is not. i do better with a wrench. I checked voltage at the "throttle position sensor today. at least i think that’s what it was. mailed the results to Robin O’connor as he had mentioned that and some of your material directed me to the same values that robin mentioned. Making a long story short i haven’t voltage at the throttle sensor warm or cold engine . less than or no more than .01 DC. I am guessing that means the ECU? If anyone reads this and has a photo of the throttle sensor id appreciate it. the device im looking at is on the underside of the intake manifold with a 3 wire connector, black, yellow and green.
Brought my E home from the paint shop yesterday so she sits now next to the newly acquired XJ6. quite a nice sight! If i knew how to post photos (better learn that soon) i would. thank you for the links

Dropbox is an App for Android & IOS mobiles along with Windows/Mac pc’s.
It’s a Cloud storeage that one can store large files which can shared by using a url.
I’ll PM the diagnostic manual to you while you sort it out.

very good , i hope there are some diagnostics on the no voltage at TPS .

http://jagrepair.com/images/AutoRepairPhotos/jagxj1996.pdf

That is the Electrical Guide fig. 4.1 is the US N/A Engine Management circuit diagram you need to trace the path from the ECU back to the Sensor via the other figs.
Good luck.