1996 XJ6 Vanden Plas Low Voltage fuse issue

Hello fellow enthusiasts! I’m hoping that someone can help me with this issue. I’m having and issue with my 1996 xj6 Vanden Plas. My low voltage fuse, which is a 5 amp located on the right side fuse box under my hood, blows everytime I start my car. I’ve checked all my other fuses and they’re just fine. I’ve also looked for any loose wires and haven’t found any. However, when I lock my doors using the key, I no longer hear the chirp and lights do not flash. Has anyone had this problem? Any advice would be appreciated.

S Mac,
I see that you are new to Jag-Lovers. Welcome!

Unfortunately you are on the wrong list. Jaguar used the XJ6 model name for decades and your 1996 XJ6 is two generations newer than the cars discussed on this list. You have a much newer model referred to as the X300 to keep it separate from the much older cars discussed here. Post on the Jag-Lovers X300 list as that is where your car is discussed.

Paul

welcome to Jag lovers!
This is a great bunch of people; who love to help!

I can only blame the good people of this forum for my inability to resist purchasing a Jaguar XJ that was destined to be crushed. 8 Jag’s later… Nope none sold. I have 8 Jags… :slight_smile:

Sincerely
Mark

Welcome!
There are two 5A fuses in that box.
Which one is blowing?