1996 xjs suspension change

Anybody here ever use this suspension kit? Is it reliable? Are there any other supliers? Where can I get the rear coil springs? Thank in advance!

Cost it out against same parts from SNG Barratt. I couldn’t tell you if it s a good price any more, things change too often lately. I use OEM Lemforder ball joints and OE Jag bushings (which sometimes are just reproductions anyway), but the KYB’s are fine.

Uro bushings are junk. Use only original Jag or Metalastic (same thing). Lemforder ball joints. The Mevotech joints are of unknown quality. Don’t cheap out unless you like doing the job again in 6 months.

Jon

2 Likes

For something impossible to redo again, like the lower control arm joints, I’d stick with OEM only. You never want to do that again.

For shocks, I’d simply get Bilsteins or the OEM Sachs brand.

Ball joints should be Lemforder only.

What’s left?

Upper Control Arm bushings? If you’ve spent the money everywhere else, you should OEM, like the lowers here, even though its much easier to get to.

Tie rod ends? Moog should be just fine. This might be the one place you can go aftermarket without too much trouble. Certainly not worth spending money for OEM here.

You’ll likely got over the $700 this kit costs you, but not by a whole lot, and it will certainly be worth it. You won’t have to do it again.

Bilsteins were a bit too harsh for me in front, and actually raised front end 1/2". I still have them on rear. I ended up with adjustable Gaz on front, keep them only three clicks from 0. Boge/Sachs will give you the Jaguar ride.

Yep, no Uro for control arm bushings, go OEM or poly. I went poly for both, but may replace uppers with oem rubber, but they are super expensive.

Lemforder ball joints definitely!