20 spoke alloy rims

I have a 1995 XJS with the 5 spoke rims. I want to change them to the 20 spoke alloy rims. Any good leads on where to purchase a good quality set of four or five rims?

Can’t help you, but those are the two best wheels for the XJS. Don’t know who the original owner is if my 1996, but thankfully they had the 5 spoke wheels on the car instead of the ones that were standard on the 96, which I am not a fan of.

Go to car-part.com and search for a 1996 XJ12. Plenty of 20 spoke wheels at reasonable prices. All probably need refinishing. PRETTY sure they fit XJS.

They are the EXACT same wheels.

I’m a fan of the XJR Sports for the XJS

3 Likes

Also might check Detroit Wheels online. I mentioned them to someone awhile back on here. They basically refinish wheels from scratch (e.g. check for straightness and warpage, then re-turn them on a lathe, then spray coat them with the original type of coating), and then put them up for sale. You can either buy them outright or send them your old ones for “credit” toward refurbished ones if in stock (i.e. if you’re in a hurry and don’t want to wait for your old wheels to be refurbished). They do a “factory” job and their prices are quite reasonable. :+1: I had heard rumors that during the pandemic they had either temporarily ceased operations or maybe even closed down for good, so don’t get your hopes up if you can’t find them online (or on Ebay). :grimacing:

Call Welsh
Ask for Dave the owner they look rich!
He has no’s center caps for sure