2000 XJR Hood Unlatch

Have A 2000 XJR And Only Drivers Side Hood Will Unlatch Any Remedies?

You can open the hood by drilling a hole through the wheel well and using a long screwdriver to pry the latch mechanism open. If you have a “model” car sitting next to it, it will give you more confidence about where to drill. If not, there are pictures posted online or I could make some and send them your way.
There is a large power cable near the spot you need on the passenger side, as I recall, so you do not want drill into that!

Could You Send Pics jensenowner@cox.net

I had a customer that used a really long drill bit and did not drill in the correct place.

He ended up drilling through the ECM (He was a little too far to the inboard).

I had a replacement ECM that I configured to his car. (performed an IMMOBILIZATION SETUP)

It helps to have another XJ8 handy to look where the latch is so you have a chance of drill/punching a hole close to where it is needed.

bob

Have a look here:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj-xj8-xjr-x308-27/99-xjr-hood-passenger-catch-doesnt-release-29427/page3/
If that is not good enough, I can make some photos for you.

When yo do get it open, remove the latch assy and crimp the cable end slot slightly with pliers so the cable ball cannot pop back out again!!!

bob