2003 S-Type dead...no power in the vehicle

Yesterday went to the store with no issues, This morning turned the key lights went on but when turning the key to start the vehicle everything died. Nothing. This vehicle has never done this. My XJS has an inertia switch and I looked at the one one the S but that was not the issue.

GOOD NEWS!

The marquis lighting stated on when the cover was placed on the car, and stayed on all night. Jump started the car and popped right over.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Hello Richard - good find on “no start” condition being a low battery problem - curious what you mean by the “marquis lighting” - Tex Terry, II - 1991 XJS V12 Classic Coupe, 1986 XJS V12 Coupe - sent 11/25/2020 1248hrs. EST USA.

Hi.

The marquis lighting I am referring to is the position on the light shaft where the lights go out around 1 minute after you exit the car. In the manual, it claims that if you put the cover over the car quicker than the lights going out, the car thinks it should keep the lights on which of course will kill the battery.

Rick

Hello Richard - thanks for the explanation - new to me that “darkness by cover” affects timing delay of light circuit - Tex Terry, II - 1991 XJS V12 Classic Coupe, 1986 XJS V12 Coupe - sent 11/25/2020 1321hrs. EST USA.

We had issue understanding it as well. I called my mechanic and he said to look at fuses. My wife asked to see the manual and read the explanation. Obviously when the cover was on, we could not see the light on.
Live and learn!