2005 Super V8 Analog Clock

The analog clock in my 2005 XJ Super V8 is losing time. It kept perfect time up until a few weeks ago. It still works and can be set using the “-“ and “+” buttons, it just loses time (about 10 - 15 minutes an hour).

Does anyone know if they can be removed and cleaned or know if a supplier to purchase a new one?

Thanks

My 2000 XJR Clock Did Same Thing. Bought Used One From Coventry West In Atlanta. New Clocks Aren’t Available

Thanks Wayne. I found a few different Jaguar parts places that have used clocks. I was hesitant to order one, worried it would only work for a little while. Did you install yours yourself? I’m afraid of cracking the wood panels.

Thanks,

Mark Kosisko

Getting the clock out is a trivially simple job. I got mine out to replace a dead bulb. If I can do it, anyone can, trust me!

There are a few YouTube videos around.

I have taken the clock out my 05 XJ8VP. I didn’t consider it “trivially simple job”. I had to pull the center console to the back after releasing the bolts behind the rear air vent. Then, I removed the wood carefully not to damage it. After removal of several bolts, the clock/vent assembly came out. Is this how you removed the clock?

Richard

@Mike_Eck repairs car clocks.