2006 XJR drifts to left

I just replaced the front suspension, all but the sway bar bushings. Greatly reduced suspension noise, car feels (almost) new. Also had new tires installed and alignment done by Jaguar. Afterwards I noticed steering wheel was slightly off to the right.

Jag redid it and said it was off by 1 deg. Still noticed the steering wheel off to the right I realized that the car was ever so slightly drifting left. This is odd in the US because it means the car is drifting towards the crown of the road.

I’m pretty sure the cause is not the alignment or tires or bushes. Is it possible that an out of round wheel could cause a drift? The roads are absolutely terrible around here and I’ve already lost 2 wheels to cracking. Any other ideas?

I did alignments for a living during the Reagan administration.

A few thoughts:

We set the camber 1/2 degree higher on the left to offset the pulling effects

of the crown of the road while staying within the published spec. For example,

if the spec was 0 - 1 degree, with 1/2 degree preferred, we’d set the left wheel

to 3/4 and the right to 1/4. I realize yours is pulling away from the crown, I’m

just pointing out that such things can be done. If the alignment guy was lazy,

the left could be at 1 and the right at 0 in my example and he’d be able to say

it was “within spec”, but that would cause the pull.

Also, there was more than one time when a car was 100% within spec and it

pulled to one side or the other. We’d swap the front tires left<->right and you’d

be amazed how many times the pull followed the tire. If you are cracking wheels

on the bad roads, the belts/cords in your tires have no doubt been taking a beating.

-Ken