2007 XKR passenger door lock problem

I just bought my 2007 XKR and love it but have found a problem with the passenger door lock. When you lock the doors with the remote all the doors appear to lock. Without the key fob remote on you the drivers door and rear hatch are locked but if you pull on the passenger door handle the alarm sounds and the door opens. The inside handle is in the locked position but the door is not locked.

Any ideas much appreciated.

Andy

Not sure if same as early Xk8. On early xk8 the inside handles go in to lock the doors. If it’s the same, is the passenger inside handle locking? It may just need freeing up and lubricating.
John

Thanks John, I’ve only recently bought the car and this is the only problem so far. I’ve sprayed lubrication into the lock so will see if that helps before removing the door panel and investigating further.

Andy

I have a simlar prblem the Key FOb and drive door ahndle will lcok the doors. It locks when palced in drive and unlocks in park.

The driver door handle wilt lcik both doors wen pushing the handel in. Thepasssndger door will not do so.

Have you or anyone had a simlar issue and was there any solutions

George on my car 07 XKR the problem was the door latch/lock module inside the passenger door. The local independent Jaguar shop changed it for me and I’ve had no problems since. The module was around $450 as far as I remember so not cheap.
Andy