3.8 MK 2 MOD oil pressure reading too high

Good Evening, I am having a problem with my oil pressure gauge - even after trying 3 new sender units ,that I have in stock , I find that the oil pressure gauge goes off the gauge once I start driving. I have tried a mechanical gauge and it shows the correct pressures - about 50 lb when cold and settling down to 30 lb when warm at 3000 revs. I was wondering if the voltage stabiliser could be faulty,but I don’t think that the oil pressure gauge works off the 10 volts side.
The only other thing could be that the gauge itself is faulty and I am battling to find another good one here in South Africa to try.
Any more suggestions ?

Rgds
Gerald

You are correct in that the oil pressure system does not use the voltage stabiliser. You need to make sure you are using the correct sender unit with your gauge. There are 60psi and 100 psi senders. They should have the appropriate markings on them.

Morning Phil, thank you for taking the time to rep[ly to me – Yes I have both the 60 lb – C 15474 and the 100 lb – C 31177 – in stock and have tried 3 x diff 60 lb ones – must be the gauge !!

Rgds

Gerald

What about the wiring?