[SOLD] 3.8L Engine and parts

3.8L block and parts for sale. Engine was pulled from a 66K mile MK X. I was going to use this for a spare engine for for 63 OTS I ended up selling. The block has been boiled and cylinders honed. Also included are all of the original internals, minus the crank and oil pan. I also have the original matching head but it has some corrosion around some of the water jackets and is missing some parts.

Price: $850

Location: Wilmington, NC (I travel throughout the Carolina’s and Virginia for business and can arrange a hand-off to avoid shipping.

PM me for contact information. I also have additional photos.

Thanks - Kevin

Please always be careful before sending money or valuables to someone you don’t know. Use an escrow service if you’re not 100% certain of the identity and integrity of the person you’re dealing with.

By using this service you agree to resolve any and all disputes with the other party directly, and to indemnify and hold Jag-lovers harmless from any claims, losses, liability, or expenses (including attorneys’ fees) that arise from your use of Jag-lovers and this service.

Timing cover comes with it?

Unfortunately, the timing cover for this engine ended up in a box with other parts to a project E-Type I sold several months ago. So the answer is no, the timing cover is not included. In addition to what is shown in the above photos is the water pump/pulley, oil filter assembly, crank pulley and a crank from another 3.8L engine. The crank was left exposed by the previous owner. I am uncertain as to whether it is salvageable.

I sent you a PM with link to share file with additional photos of the engine block and parts.

Regards,
Kevin

Understood.

There still appear to be signs of a ridge at the top of the bores, so I assume the hone work was by way of glaze-busting for fresh rings, not honing to size?

Correct. My intent was to use the original pistons with new rings and bearings.

Is this available? I’m in need on a block for my 3.8 mk2.