3500 flawless miles..BSOL

I met for one day with BSOL…but due to time restraints my wife and I had to venture on our own. We traveled from Thousand Oaks CA…Napa…Bend…Coeur d Alene…Bozeman…Big Sky…Yosemite…Salt Lake…home. We had 100 + tempts…rain…snow. Old Ruby survived it all.

Thank you Jerry…this was your gift to my wife and me.

Abe and Dawn

3 Likes

Excellent tribute to Jerry! These cars ALWAYS look best when…

DRIVEN!

Wonderful!!! Car looks good in all those environments!! Congrats on your success, must have been great fun!
pauls

How in the world did you do a trip like that with an empty luggage rack??

69 coupe

Where is the last pic by the river taken. Beautiful location. I want to go there!

Mark
Murrieta Ca.

So envy your roads and scenery, cannot go five miles in the UK without joining a queue of traffic …

Looks like Yellowstone.

Abe,

Glad to hear you and Dawn made it safely home. The main BSOL group finished the tour in Yellowstone yesterday evening with dinner at the Yellowstone Lake Hotel. Lots of rain and snow over the last two days, but we enjoyed it nevertheless. Folks are now heading to their far-flung homes. Debbie and I are in Grand Teton, after leaving Yellowstone as one by one the exit roads were being closed. I’ll update the blog with more photos as soon as internet access is available.

-David

That last picture was by Quinn Hot Springs…our starting point coming back from a morning hike.
Abe

Most pictures were after unloading at the hotels. But this is what the car looked like on the road with a vintage luggage.
Glad everyone made it back safely.
Abe

Thanx for the location. It’s intersting, we have close friends that live on the N/E side of Flathead Lake! We have never been there. Sure makes me want to go!!

Mark
Murrieta, Ca.

Great photos, Abe. Good to see you again and meet Dawn. We are in Pueblo, Colorado tonight and headed for Lubbock tomorrow and then home to Austin.

–Drew

Have a safe trip home. Hope to make next year’s trip…closer to home.
Abe

Great meeting you! Did you make it to the Helena Cathedral?

Yes…had lunch there and walked around town. Went inside and I prayed a lot for a safe journey home.
Abe

Abe: What you missed by going to Yellowstone several days ahead of us:

Now in warm and sunny Rock Springs, WY.

OMG…we had snow leaving Yosemite the same day. The only nice thing was that the freezing water plugged all the gaps between the soft top and the windshield.

Abe

I went with a suggestion from David L and used Gaffer Tape (in a Jaguar motif of course):

The gaffer tape on our car held up very well to the rain and snow. It is plain black, so barely distinguishable from the top. I’m going to take some care when removing it as the top may have become “very attached” to the tape…

-David

I also had to use some Gorilla tape , but I have a Coupe. Rain would go under dried out rubber seal and was raining inside car.

Glenn