[SOLD] 4.2 Engine Parts

(Include at least one picture)

Description: For sale are bunch of 4.2 6 cylinder engine parts. I broke down a spare engine I had laying around for years. It came out of a 1974 XJ6. Let me know your needs. Some parts I want to keep.

Asking price (if selling):$5-$200.00

Contact information: PM

Cost of shipping (if selling): paid by buyer

Willing to ship worldwide?

Please always be careful before sending money or valuables to someone you don’t know. Use an escrow service if you’re not 100% certain of the identity and integrity of the person you’re dealing with.

By using this service you agree to resolve any and all disputes with the other party directly, and to indemnify and hold Jag-lovers harmless from any claims, losses, liability, or expenses (including attorneys’ fees) that arise from your use of Jag-lovers and this service.

Connecting rods are spoken for. Good 8:1 pistons are available. I have attached a picture of the timing set that is available, part or all

I also have another set of good used timing chain guides $18.00… XJ6 or other

Oil pan $30.00 I’ll clean it up some.

Head sold! Rods sold!

Pistons are Standard size 8:1 compression ratio. $30 for the set.

Oil filter adapter from series 3 xj6, but will fit E-type and other models if room allows. Comes with return pipe. SOLD

I have a good used distributor from a '74 xj6… can accept the earlier advance unit… $20.00

Spare 4.2 crankshaft STD journals, needs at least a polish…SOLD

Buyer pays shipping.

I just sent you a Personal Message about one of the items you have for sale. .

Better pictures of crank. Still available
STD size, may polish to stay standard.

If no appreciable ovality or taper, they look like a good polish will suffice.

Don’t pass up pulling the galley plugs.

1 Like

Crank sold, other parts available.

No kidding on galley plug removal. Removed the plugs on my 420 crank and was really surprised to find so much sludge in the galleys. The crank was super clean looking. Removal of the plugs was simple. I used a 5/16-18 coupling nut and my impact wrench with socket. They all came right out.

Anyway let me know if you need any of these parts I have listed above.

Timing cover cleaned up. $30.00
Oil pump cleaned and checked clearances lobe was .005, rotor to body .007 $25.00.

Oil pump no longer available. Timing parts with dampers, and tensioner. Most dampers/chain guides and two hydraulic tensioners in good used condition. $40 for all plus shipping.

Hi Jagman,

If still available, I,d take the the timing gear with the cover.

Would sent to SC.

Kind regards,

Martin Schrerz

Available I’ll send PM.