4 post car lifts , what make to choose?

What make was it ? Maybe I can get the same !n the UK .

Mine came from Eagle Lifts. A Google should turn up their website though whether there is something similar near Wales I couldn’t say.

I don’t see how the choice of hydraulic fluid is critical so long as it is the type & weight specified. The lift is only suspended by the hydraulic ram while going up or down and even then no more than a few inches above the nearest stop.

Material quality (the metal, welds & cables) would seem more critical to me.

1 Like

I have a Direct Lift in the USA owned it for maybe 20 years and it works perfect. Easy to install, reasonable cost.

Thanks guys , input is invaluable , as ever .

I have a Redmount lift ( two post). I went through the same process you are going through now. The range of prices and options is not quite as bad as compressors… but almost.

In the end I chose it because it was a reasonable price, they would install it, the motor and controls were Italian… but most of all because it is the one that they use on Car SOS. If it is good enough for Fuzz then it is good enough for me :slight_smile:

Dave

Hi Dave , I studied most of the data , the specs , the prices and the reviews , and I came to the conclusion that all the low to mid range four posters , are all very similar in construction , using the same guage steel , and very likely made in the same factory . It’s only when you move up to the likes of Bradbury , professional lifts costing many thousands of pounds , that you see a significant difference in quality . So in the end I have ordered one at the cheaper end of the range from Automotec . Partly because they are delivering it Friday , and because three other companies selling similar products were out of stock, probably waiting for a delivery from China !!! Will post an oug