400hp boosted XJ6

I agree the adjust ability is a a whole lot easier with their set up. if you go to Xcessive manufacturing website their design is very slick. keeps any torsional twist at the carrier hub end instead of it being transferred to the center of the IRS cage.
Very slick! nicely implemented. I also noticed they cut up the spring tower in the front suspension to incorporate coil overs. Looks like they also welded on some sort of threaded rod to accept a heim joint on the end of the sway bar. I wonder if the radius arms are using poly bushes or the stock rubber. I also noticed the diff of choice is Salisbury and not Dana probably because of the gear ratio.

Nope it’s a Series II bumper fitted to a Series III (and not very well done either). If you look closely the bumper on the Xcessive XJ has a radius curve where the stock Series III is squared off as it transitions onto the rubber “fat lip”.

I’ve been looking for years for Euro-Series II bumpers. I did find a company in Germany who’s re-manufacturing the brite work, but they want something like 1,800 euros. That’s more than I paid for the car. (oh, yeah - the car was free; I forgot that bit). Anyway, I’d rather put the $1,800 doll-hairs into high compression pistons and a 3 SU manifold. but I totally agree, the euro-bumpers really set the Series II off nice.

In my youth, I was somewhat of an automotive hooligan. Drive fast - pitch any car into a drift around the corner. J-turns (my Gen 3 Camaro) into a parallel parking spot One time I initiated a J-turn to place the Camaro between two parked cars - put in just perfect. it was awesome!! My budy still talks about it and that was nearly 30 years a go.

Perfectly in front of the police officer; who had no sense of humor and wrote me a reckless driving ticket. The Cop was impressed though - he said, “Nicely done!” as he handed me the ticket. Six months later same Cop. Same ticket with a bonus fine for speeding. This time for riding a wheelie for 5 blocks and (2 gear changes while still on 1 tire. and on a police motorcycle through the center of town. I lost my drivers license for a 90 days over that one - well the two…

No I didn’t steal the motorcycle, my buddy worked at the motorcycle repair facility where the local law enforcement had their motorcycles serviced. Note to self, No wheelies through the center of town, and not on a Police interceptor motorcycle.

I digress… Sorry.

Great XJ-D D is for Drift. I have an XJ-SC that is an insurance total which I’m planning on setting up as a drift car.

1 Like